Welcome to Rajatiedon Yhteistyö ry
Welcome to Rajatiedon Yhteistyö ry
We welcome everyone interested in our activities to join our amazing team! Applying for membership does not require that you know about fringe knowledge and its topics in advance – we will be happy to help you with both bigger and smaller issues. Any person or a legal entity who accepts the purposes and rules of the association and is approved by the board of the association after the payment of the membership fee may become our member. The amount of the annual membership fee is determined by the association’s regular autumn meeting.
You can currently manage your own membership through user account connected to our online store. Each member of the association will have his or her own ID in the store, or an existing user ID will be linked to the membership, after the membership application has been approved. Membership fees are invoiced via the e-mail address provided as the e-commerce’s own account billing address (the address can be changed if desired). Utilization of member discounts, use of member pages and download of digital products also takes place through your user account, which also serves as a member ID.
Membership and related membership benefits take effect upon acceptance of membership and confirmation of the paid membership fee. However, if you make your membership payment with a debit card through the online store’s Stripe payment system, you will be able to use the online store’s membership discounts and membership pages already before your membership is officially approved.
You can also participate in and get acquainted with the activities of the association through volunteer work and events, or by joining the association’s mailing list, even if you or the community you represent are not a member of the association. You can also influence our activities by giving feedback and sharing other relevant ideas related to the activities of the association to the board or committees of the association, to whose activities all members are also welcome. No activity is required from the member other than keeping membership information up to date. You can also update your address information and e-mail address through your own user account, as well as terminate your membership.
In addition to our website, further information on the activities, membership and membership benefits of Rajatiedon Yhteistyö ry is provided by the association’s office at StudioRajatieto’s premises and by the association’s chairman.
Becoming a member:
How to apply for membership
Please apply electronically as a member of Rajatiedon Yhteistyö ry in the association’s store. You can also download and print the membership application for writing down the required information (see below) and send it completed by post. Or you can apply for membership by providing your information to the association using online form and then paying the membership fee by bank transfer – Please note that it may take longer than usual to process your application if you apply outside of store (however the store is optimized for Finnish speaking users).
First, choose the most suitable option for your membership: personal membership for individuals and self-employed persons, and community membership if you represent a limited company, cooperative, association or other entity.
The name (and possibly the name of the organization), address, telephone number and e-mail address must be provided with the application for membership. In addition, the new member is expected to introduce her-/himself to the association, which can be done at the online store’s checkout in the details section, by e-mail or on a separate form. While introducing yourself, you can tell, for example, your own interests and other background information in the membership application. Finally, you also must click approve to the terms and conditions of the online store, which in practice means accepting the rules of the association when joining.
The member’s responsibilities include keeping the contact information up to date (those ones you just entered in the membership application), especially the e-mail address, and paying the membership fee once a calendar year. The first membership fee must be paid when submitting the membership application. The membership fee can be paid either by bank transfer to the association’s membership fee account FI1415723500272976 with reference 94537 or by card via the online store.
After sending the membership application and paying the membership fee, the board of the association will consider the membership application at its next meeting. Getting membership application approved requires the aforementioned introduction or recommender, unless it is a renewal of a previously terminated membership.
Unless you join through the online store and you already have one or more user accounts, or indicate multiple e-mail addresses in your membership application, please specify which e-mail address or user account you want use in connection to your membership and its benefits. Also, be sure to keep your email address up to date in the online store.
You can also ask for a recommendation from a member of the Association you know or a well-known influencer related to Association’s activities if you also want to join the association’s committees or other tasks.
- For exhibitors at the Spirit and Knowledge expo, fair booths and other products related to the fair at a membership price (-15%). You will save by joining as a personal member if the value of your trade fair venue is at least € 134, and by joining as a community member you will save if the value of the venue is € 268. You can compare normal prices and membership prices from the fair’s price list and venue price list, as well as other prices.
- As a member you get a discount on StudioRajatieto’s rent (-50%)
- Membership discounts on entrance fees to public events and expo tickets, if the due membership fee has been paid no later than 2 weeks before the event
- We offer membership nights and recreational events
- As a member, you will also receive a discount on the ad or announcement published in the trade fair magazine of Spirit and Knowledge expo (-10%).
- Membership in Library of Fringe Knowledge is free of charge (-5 €) – you can also become a library customer only
- Ability to take advantage of member-only materials and the diverse border information directories we provide to members and stakeholders
- As a member, you will receive a printed Ääretön magazine delivered to your home or business with a 40% discount
- You can also get a discount on other publications of Rajatiedon Yhteistyö ry
- By becoming a member, you support the activities of our association and enable you to continue organizing border information events!
- You can participate in the meetings of the association, where the board and committees of the association are elected annually
- To receive full membership benefits, the annual membership fee must be paid (and payment confirmed).
To receive membership benefits, please remember to keep your membership information up to date.
Membership fees in 2022
- Individual member – 20 € (21 € in the first year)
- Community member (associations, entrepreneurs and companies) – 40 € (41 € in the first year)
- Infinite magazine printed at home – Annual subscription price for members 36 €
- The membership fee is paid once a year, the due date is generally determined by the date of accession
- Membership fees should be directed to the association’s account FI1415723500272976, we recommend using reference 94537
Association’s member registry: rtyjasenrekisteri (at) gmail.com